Thanksgiving 2020 Food Ideas, Columbus
Thanksgiving is going to be a somewhat different holiday for most of us this year, and Central Ohio’s restaurants and bakeries are poised to meet the needs of these unique circumstances. If you’re trying to figure out what to do for dinner, want to outsource dessert, or just aren’t up for roasting a turkey, this year there are more options than ever before. Below we’ve created a list of purveyors with Thanksgiving offerings and have organized them into the following categories: dine in, fully prepared carryout meals, turkeys both cooked and uncooked, and pies and baked goods. We will do our best to keep it updated.
- The Guild House will be open on the holiday and will be serving a traditional Thanksgiving meal. priced at $49 per person | $79 per person with wine pairings. menu link.
- G Michael’s is overing a special limited menu from 1pm-7:30pm on Thanksgiving. Details on their Website and Facebook page.
- Lindey’s have an a la carte menu which does include turkey and plenty of other options. It is offered for lunch and dinner. menu link.
- Nicola is offering an Italian spin on Thanksgiving with an a la carte menu (includes a special Thanksgiving kids menu) menu link
- Valter’s at the Maennechor is offering dine in on Thanksgiving from 11am-7pm. Their menu is posted on Instagram.
Full Prepared meals:
Never has there been more choice for delicious carry out meals for Thanksgiving!
- G Michael’s is offering a traditional turkey dinner for 2 people for $50 (add pumpkin cheesecake for an additional $8).
- Veritas offering a traditional thanksgiving dinner to go including a 15-18lb turkey for 4-6 people for $285 with lots of optional add on dishes and drinks. menu link. (deadline passed)
- Smokehouse Brewing Co. is offering a Thanksgiving feast to go that feeds 10-12 people and includes a choice of smoked turkey or pork shoulder or brisket plus sides and of course some ale! Prices start at $129 with some optional sides available. menu link.
- Service Bar is offering a low country Thanksgiving feast that serves 2 or 6 people starting at $150 for two or $300 for six. menu link (order by November 18th).
- Ambrose and Eve are collaborating with Dough Mama and Antiques on High for a Thanksgiving package and they are even offering vegetarian dinners. Options include 1-2 person dinners or 4-6 person dinners (prices range from $125 to $250) menu link.
- Another collaboration is between sister brands Together & Co, Kitties’s Cakes and Sweet Carrot. Sweet Carrot and Kittie’s Cakes. The menu includes favorite dishes from all three brands and you can choose from a simple thanksgiving dinner for six ($164) or build your own Thanksgiving menu with mix and match turkeys, sides, and desserts. menu link.
- The Refectory is offering a 4 course home dinner menu for Thanksgiving priced at $49 per person. menu link. (did you know that they have a fantastic wine shop?)
- The Whitney House has an a la carte menu that includes some brunch items and baked goods in addition to turkey and fixings. menu details.
- Geordie’s for a non-traditional spin on Thanskgiving Geordies’s is offering Roast Turkey & stuffing, seasonal vegetales, roast potatoes, gravy & Yorkshire pudding. Plus pumpkin pie for dessert. $21.95. Details on their Facebook page.
- Ray Ray’s will be announcing their Thanksgiving carryout menu on Monday November 2nd and will be offering a full meal package or a la carte options.
- Cameron Mitchell Thanksgiving in a Box feeds 10 people and is priced at $299 with two different turkey choices. You can also add a flower arrangement. This year they are also offering an a la carte menu which you can get packed for car travel up to 5 hours. menu link.
- Bleu & Fig is offering an ‘Everything by the Turkey’ ala carte menu available to pick up November 23-25th. menu link.
- Valter’s at the Maennechor is offering carry out meal packages for 4, 6 or 8 people. Their menu is posted on Instagram.
- Comune is offering a vegan Thanksgiving kit for 4 people for $160. Pick up on 11/25 menu details
The Market Italian Village is offering a Thanksgiving dinner that serves 4-6 people for $275 and includes a ready to roasts turkey (with instructions), ham and sides. A la carte dishes are also available. Details on their Facebook page.
Turkeys cooked and uncooked
We are big fans of Thurn’s smoked turkey and they usually offer smoked ham, duck, pheasant and salmon too. Their Facebook page is best for updates and they are asking for pre-orders by 11/16.
If you’re looking to purchase a local turkey to cook at home here are some suggestions:
- Copia Farm (pastured raised, non-GMO 15-18lbs) Copia will also be stocking Dough Mama pies and Seaworthy breads.
- Bluebird Meadows Farm
- Butcher and Grocer
- Park Street Poultry & Game
Pies and Baked Goods
Several Cameron Mitchell locations (including The Pearl, The Barn and Cap City) will offer whole pies to-go for your Thanksgiving meal at home. Details here.
Bake Me Happy will post their Thanksgiving menu early November and they’ll have you covered for all your gluten free needs.
Another gluten free option is Food For Good Thought Bakery who have pies, cookie plates and other baked goods available for pre-order. Call for details.
Fox in the Snow has 4 holiday pies available for pre-order with pick up on November 25th. (SOLD OUT)
La Chatelaine has a variety of breads, pies, quiches, soups and sides available for pre-order. See their social media for details.
Cambridge Tea House is offering three pies for Thanksgiving this year: chocoalte bourbon pecan, apple and pumpkin.
Dan The Baker will be open Tuesday and Wednesday with breads and seasonal items (no pre-orders).
Built Pastry are offering sharing platters of desserts including mini hand pies, pumpkin cheesecake bar, biscotti, brandy snaps and pecan tassies.
Piece of Cake (Short North) are offering 4 Thanksgiving pies (pecan, pumpkin, apple and bumbleberry). Call to pre-order.
Mrs Goodman’s has an online menu of pies and other treats (order by November 19th)
For potatoes, vegetables, squash and apples, maple syrup and much more we encourage you to support your local farmers markets and small independent grocery stores. Needless to say it has been a hard year for small businesses. Clintonville, North Market and Worthington will both be open through Thanksgiving.
I would be remiss if I didn’t put in a plug for our Thanksgiving Gift Box. Perfect for sending a taste of Central Ohio to family and friends across the country. It includes tastes from 8 local producers. and shipping is included to the 48 contiguous states (order by 11/12).