Would you like to be part of our team? Columbus Food Adventures is looking for outgoing and passionate tour guides to lead 3-4 hour guided walking food tours and van based food tours. The tours combines history and culture with stops at multiple restaurants, giving guests the flavor of a neighborhood and its native cuisines. We are looking for friendly guides who will be great ambassadors not only for our business but for the Columbus food scene and the city.
Do you have a strong appreciation for Columbus? A high energy & confidence to lead tours in a timely, warm and intelligent fashion? Ability to communicate and interact well with others? OK with 15 sets of eyes looking to you for direction? If you answered YES and have a passion for food, you may be our ideal candidate!
This is a part time position where weekend availability is a must.
- Passionate about food and knowledgeable about local restaurants.
- Well informed about the city of Columbus and other attractions for visitors. CTA certification is desirable.
- Interested in learning about local history and/or different cuisines.
- Tour guide experience or experience public speaking. Confidence in public speaking is essential.
- Physically capable of walking multiple blocks and standing for at least 3.5 hours at one time in all kinds of weather.
- Customer satisfaction oriented attitude.
- Ability to positively and professionally interact with chefs, managers, servers, and restaurant owners
- Outgoing and approachable.
- Thick skinned and diplomatic
- Adaptable and calm in the face of ‘whatever’.
- Ability to trouble shoot.
- Reliable and extreme promptness.
- Organized and punctual with good time management.
Experience driving a 15 passenger van and a flexible schedule are pluses.
To apply for a position please submit a resume, schedule availability, a covering letter explaining your suitability for the position and references. Contact: Bethia @ columbusfoodadventures.com
Compensation: Flat tour rate and gratuities.