Our private food tours offer a unique Columbus attraction that can be tailored to meet your group’s needs. Whether you are entertaining family from out of town, hosting a unique birthday party, or a corporate group wishing to explore Columbus, we can offer an itinerary to suit you. Our tours feature top-rated Columbus restaurants, bakeries and eateries, such as James Beard-nominated Kent Rigsby’s establishments and the famous Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, as well as lesser known culinary gems known only to ‘the locals.’ Please contact us to set up a private food tour today!
We can offer our popular food tours for private groups
- Alt.eats Ethnic Food Tour (flexible timing)
- Taco Truck Food Tour (flexible timing)
- German Village Food Tour & Walking Tour (starts at 2pm)
- Short North Food Tour & Walking Tour (starts at 11am)
- Dessert Tour (starts at 2.30pm)
- Food Truck tour (flexible timing)
We can also offer a 2 hour North Market in-depth tour (available at 10am or 2pm)
Alternatively, we can organize a custom tour or progressive dinner featuring Columbus’ restaurants in the Historic German Village, downtown Columbus, or the Short North Arts District. Custom tour itineraries usually start at $80 per person. For larger groups we offer fun food themed scavenger hunts in the Short North.
Reserving a private tour
- All details will be agreed upon ahead of time by the private group organizer and Columbus Food Adventures.
- Advance bookings are required.
- Private tours are approximately 3 hours in length (except for the North Market tour)
- In general, we cater our Columbus food tours for groups of 8-14 people. We are able to accommodate larger groups on some itineraries and we can arrange custom tours for larger groups.
- Once purchased, all tickets and payments are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled
- No refunds are given for no-shows and cancellations
- We request that the group arrives 15 minutes prior to tour departure time
- We will do our best to accommodate any particular requirements for your private group event. We require a minimum of 48 hours advance notice to accommodate dietary restrictions or food allergies.
- Private Group Food Tours are held rain or shine
- Not all restaurants may be available during Private Tours
- Any additional beverages or alcoholic drinks outside of the scope of the private tour agreement will be paid for by the group organizer or tour participants.
- Please visit our Columbus Food Adventures FAQ page for additional information
Our regular itineraries are offered as private tours at their normal price per person (minimum of 8 participants). A guide gratuity of 18% will be added to your total cost.
Private Group Tour tickets that are sold less than 15 days from tour date require full payment to hold a specific date and time.
Private Group Tour tickets that are sold more than 15 days from tour date require a $250 non-refundable deposit to hold an agreed upon date, time slot and tour guide. Final headcount and remaining balance (non-refundable) are due 7 days prior to the event.
Please contact us to discuss availability and pricing. We will need to know the size of your group, desired itinerary, date and preferred time. Some of the tours can only be offered at specific times.